Pact is recruiting a Program Officer for the GAC-funded project Women Included: Nurturing Growth & Security (WINGS).
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact is recruiting a Program Officer for the GAC-funded project Women Included: Nurturing Growth & Security (WINGS) which is aimed at enhancing economic security of rural women and the most vulnerable or marginalized, especially those affected by the conflict.
The Program Officer is responsible for coordination and implementation of all related activities targeted at enhancing economic security, employment and entrepreneurship opportunities for rural and the most vulnerable or marginalized women in Ukraine, will oversees program
implementation in two target regions and will contribute to program monitoring and reporting. activities.
- Collaborate with project implementing partners to undertake resource mapping and client needs assessments in respective regions and to contribute to the report development.
- Coordinate organization and facilitation of community-based events and other project meetings in respective regions.
- In close collaboration with implementing partners oversee the delivery of comprehensive service package for target women in respective regions.
- Maintain productive working relationships with project implementing partners and stakeholders in respective regions.
- Assist the MERL team in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on regional activities.
- Participate in NGO and government forums to represent and promote program activities as required.
- Perform all work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in economic or social sciences, or a related degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in economic empowerment projects.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Strong skills in storytelling, social media content development and writing.
- Fluent oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian.
To apply please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Dec 15, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.